Women’s Voices Now is a non-profit organization using film to drive positive social change that advances women’s and girls’ rights globally. The organization promotes, produces, and shares social-change films focusing on women’s and girls’ rights issues, providing active support to filmmakers who give a voice to unheard women and girls, and activating civil society by moving audiences from empathy to action.
The Women’s Voices Now Online Film Festival promotes women and femme-identifying filmmakers using social-change films to advocate for women’s and girls’ rights around the world, by:
– Providing a platform for emerging filmmakers telling essential, authentic stories.
– Supporting them with cash prizes and visibility.
– Connecting them with each other, and with media industry professionals.
Since 2011, the independent film festival has received 680+ impactful social-change films from more than 65+ countries, and brought them to millions of viewers around the world.
Submit your films by 16 December 2020 in the following four categories:
– Documentary Feature
– Documentary Short
– Experimental Film
– Youth Filmmaking
Cash prizes totaling $8,500 will be awarded to select films.
– Leslie J. Sacks Grand Prize Award for Best Film – $3,000
– Best Documentary Feature – $2,000
– Best Documentary Short – $1,000
– Best Director – $1,000
– Best Experimental Film – $1,000
– Best Youth Film – $500
Award recipients will receive their prize and/or laurels upon submitting a video recorded acceptance speech, as per guidelines provided by Women’s Voices Now.
Click here for submission guidelines and full terms and conditions.