Electric Africa is an online virtual reality festival, free to the public and arts industry professionals featuring Virtual Reality (VR) works from African creators both on the continent and in the diaspora, alongside international works of fiction and non-fiction.
Electric Africa is inviting artists, filmmakers and creatives to submit their 360 video work by 23h59 (CAT) on Friday, 25 September 2020 for the 2020 festival. The festival accepts narrative fiction and non-fiction works and is looking for new voices, a new focus, new realities and new dimensions in Virtual Reality (VR) content from Africa and the world.
- Submissions will only be accepted via Google forms.
- Only works produced or premiered after 1 January 2019 will be accepted.
- Student works will be accepted.
- Works in progress and games will not be considered.
- Length: works must be no longer than 30-minutes.
- Virtual Reality experiences in the following formats will be accepted: 360 Video.
- Works must be compatible with Vimeo 360.
- Works in other languages are welcome, however, these will need to be subtitled in English if selected.
The festival takes place from 5 – 11 November 2020 and will include an industry programme of live talks tailor made to the creatives, technologists, thinkers, designers, producers and makers of XR in Africa. Partner events will include social meet ups in VR and a virtual closing night party.
Electric Africa is presented by Electric South, a South African NPC that offers support, funding, production and exhibition services to a network of artists across Africa to explore their worlds through immersive, interactive stories in virtual and augmented reality as well as other digital media.