Kukastream Online African Film Festival (KOAFF) is an online festival, designed for African filmmakers across the world to promote their work. Founded in 2020, the festival features short films (under 30 minutes) of all genres – drama, comedy, thriller, inspirational, documentary, animation, family, and web-series.The highlight this year will be COVID-19 film entries, in all genres, and all formats.
Prizes will be awarded in the following categories:
- Best Filmmaker Award
- Best Narrative Short
- Best Narrative Feature
- Best Animation
- Best Documentary Short
- Best Documentary Feature
- Most Streamed Film
- Be made by an African citizen or permanent resident. This means the writer, director or producer must be African or of African descent
- Be in English or subtitled in English if your film’s dialogue is in a language other than English.
- Have been released after January 1, 2020
- Fit one of the following genres: drama, comedy, experimental, animation, sci-fi, horror, music video, documentary or COVID-19 related storyline.
- Be created by filmmakers aged 16 years and above.
Submit your film before 22 October. Submission is free.