The Kenyan film industry has for a long time suffered from the lack of a distribution channel for locally produced content. The Kenya Film Commission (KFC), in fulfillment of its mandate of promoting the local film industry, has partnered with a local broadcaster to sustainably promote the development and exposure of local audio-visual content.
As part of the Film Empowerment program, the KFC will acquire content from local film producers and companies for showcase on local TV channels.
- Feature Films
- Mini TV Series
Films that run a minimum of 60 minutes which have either premiered or not and may have screened in festivals. The Commission will acquire a screening license from the producers/production company for two screenings at a local TV channel.
Mini TV Series
Mini TV series that run between 20-25 minutes and that have never run in any station (first run series). The Mini TV series should be a complete mini-series of 13 episodes and will air on a local TV channel. Producers with a minimum of three (3) episodes can however submit them for consideration.
Please Note: Acquisition of Films and TV series is subject to vetting and approval by the acquisition committee.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Feature films should be a minimum of 60 minutes. Mini TV series should be between 20 and 25 minutes in length per episode.
Consideration will only be given to a Mini TV series of 13 episodes.
Producers/Production Companies submitting must be tax compliant (Tax compliance certificate must be attached).
All films/TV series submitted for consideration MUST be classified by Kenya Film Classification Board (KFCB). The film must comply with government regulations on taste and decency. www.kfcb.co.ke
- Content must be locally produced by a Kenyan production company and featuring Kenyan actors.
- Content can be in scripted or unscripted formats.
- Content must be youthful and/or appeal to the youth.
- In the case of a television series; episodes must be submitted in a chronological order/according to the storyline.
- Content should be fully edited and ready for broadcast.
- Content submitted is open to all genres.
- For mini TV series, content should not have been broadcasted on any TV platform in Kenya.
- Content submitted should be of broadcast standards.
- Content should predominantly be in English or Kiswahili languages. For sections with any other language, you MUST provide subtitles.
- Provide copies without any branding or watermarks as it hampers vetting and broadcast of the same. Watermarked content will be disqualified.
- Attach a Synopsis for your Film/Mini TV series (Max 400 words).
No restriction on when the production was done.
Only one submission per title is required i.e. do not submit the same content more than once.
For mini TV series, the Commission will only consider a submission MINIMUM of three (3) episodes.
Each submission should include:
- Submission copy on either DVD or Digital
- Completed & signed entry form
- Tax Compliance certificate
- Projected price per episode/film
For Physical Submission, drop off your Film or Mini TV Series at the address below:-
Kenya Film Commission
2nd Floor Jumuia Place, Lenana Road
P.O Box, 76417-00508
For Digital Submission, submit your Film or Mini TV series via Wetransfer or Dropbox to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org . A fully completed form should also be submitted together with the film.
For inquiries call 020-2714073/4 / +254 729 407497/ 733 650068 or email email@example.com
Kenya Film Commission will not be liable for loss of the Film. Kenya Film Commission will retain the submitted DVD, which shall not be returned to you.
Submission deadline: All entries must be received by 29th August 2020.