Powered by BeyGOOD, the Global Citizen Fellowship Program will unearth African youth with remarkable potential. Through the program, 15 young people will each engage in a paid, year-long fellowship aligned to one of Global Citizen’s four pillars of activity: creative, campaigns, rewards, and marketing.
- Ages 21-25 (by time of application)
- South African, Nigerian and Kenyan residents and citizens only
- Applicants without a tertiary qualification preferred
- Applicants should be able to prove that they are active Global Citizens, either through the work they do in their communities or through Global Citizen’s website and/or app (Google Play Store OR App Store)
- Applicants should be available full-time from 19 July 2022-30 June 2023
- We encourage those with an annual family household income of under R120 000 / 3055563 Naira / KES 18169368,00, and/or families that are headed by a single parent
- South African applicants must house themselves in Johannesburg, and Nigerian applicants in Lagos.
- Kenyan applicants can be based anywhere in the country, and will participate virtually.
- Those from minority and underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Submit a 2-3 minute video, or 500-700 word essay answering the following questions:
- What qualities do you identify with as an active citizen of the world?
- If selected, what lasting change would you like to achieve through the program?
- What specific socio-economic issues are you taking action on, and why?
This dynamic program will take Fellows through a multi-phase curriculum, specifically designed to equip them with the skills and tools they need to thrive – not just during their time with Global Citizen but also in any future professional environment.
Throughout the program, Fellows will be immersed in the use of digital technology for social change, storytelling tactics that shift attitudes, the importance of building lasting professional relationships, and the role of innovation in a constantly changing world.
For more information click here.