The Creative Africa Nexus (CANEX) is an on-going initiative of Afreximbank designed to support the creative industries in Africa. The flagship CANEX project for 2021 will be the CANEX Summit and Live Theatre programme, a comprehensive creative industry event scheduled to take place in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa as part of the 2nd Intra-African Trade Fair from 15 -21 November.
The Creative Africa Nexus programme at IATF2021 has been curated to highlight the significance of the creative sector to African economies with a diverse set of programmes that are targeted at ‘building bridges within and out of Africa’ with a particular focus on film. With the inclusion of creative sector experts and strategic stakeholders, this assembly will define a strategic direction for the African creative industries.
Through a combination of inspiring line-ups of live performances, star talent interviews/spotlights, curatorial videos & performances, expert-led discussions, interactive sessions and fireside chats, masterclasses and engaging multimedia content, the CANEX Summit and Live Theatre will highlight the significance of the Africa Continental Free Trade Area, AfCFTA and promote Africa as the new global destination for the creative industries.
CANEX and Afreximbank are excited to invite participants of the 2021 Durban FilmMart to attend their webinar session to find out more about CANEX and the various initiatives of Afreximbank in support of the film sector. The discussions will be led by representatives of Afreximbank and will provide insights into the vision, motivations, and goals of CANEX for the creative sector with a particular focus on the film value chain. Afreximbank representatives will be joined by members of the CANEX team as well as top industry leaders in this discussion on the African film sector and to share key information on the Creative Africa Nexus.
The event will take place on 17 August at 12:30 as part of the official DFM online programme.
About CANEX at IATF 2021
CANEX will take place as part of the Intra-African Trade Fair 2021, taking place in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa from 15-21 November 2021.
The programme for the CANEX at IATF 2021 include:
- A Seven-Day Exhibition: This expansive exhibition space is focused on creative sector businesses, from emerging creatives to top pan-African and global companies and brands.
- Live Theatre: An exciting space that would host theatre showcases, live performances, conversations and activations from across the creative sectors.
- A Two-Day CANEX Summit: A diverse array of expert and high level voices including Africa’s top talents, thought leaders and government representatives engaging in informative panel discussions and conversations.
- Masterclasses: A range of in-depth and educational masterclasses involving some of Africa’s top experts will take place alongside the main event.
- Marketplace: An eclectic and varied range of stalls showcasing African artisans and crafters who will have opportunity to retail their wares and products.
- B2B Meetings and Deal Rooms: This space will provide opportunities for matchmaking, business exchanges, investment deals and conclusion of businesses.
- Official Special Events: Curatorial videos, film shows, movie screenings, fashion shows, dance presentations, art walk and creative showcases.
About the Intra-African Trade Fair (IATF2021)
Organised by the African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank) in collaboration with the African Union (AU) and the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) Secretariat, the second Intra-African Trade Fair (IATF2021) will take place in Durban from 15 to 21 November 2021.
IATF2021 provides a platform to promote trade under the AfCFTA. It will bring together continental and global buyers and sellers, and will enable stakeholders to share trade, investment, and market information as well as trade finance and trade facilitation solutions designed to support intra-African trade and the economic integration of the continent. In addition to establishing business-to-business and business-to-government exchange platforms for business deals and advisory services, IATF2021 also operates IATF2021 Virtual, an interactive online platform that replicates the physical event. IATF2021 will focus on Africa’s creative economy as well as the automotive industry with dedicated programmes. A conference will run alongside the exhibition and will feature high-profile speakers and panelists addressing topical issues relating to trade, trade finance, payments, trade facilitation, trade-enabling infrastructure, trade standards, industrialisation, regional value chains and investment.
To register as a delegate or as an exhibitor for CANEX at IATF2021 please visit: www.intrafricantradefair.com
Join Afreximbank and other film industry experts on Tuesday 17 August from 12h30 – 13h30 to hear about Afreximbank’s key interventions to support the African film sector, and particularly its flagship initiative, the Creative Africa Nexus (CANEX). The CANEX Summit and supplementary programme for Africa’s creative industries will take place as part of the Intra- African Trade Fair 2021 from 15- 21 November in Durban, South Africa. This virtual session is a must-attend for those looking to understand the role of Afreximbank in financing and supporting the film sector and the importance of Pan-African collaboration in film policy and initiatives.